Union Members LIVE Better
Union members have higher average wages and better benefits, in addition to having a voice on the job. Additionally, Union jobs raise the standard of living for the communities around them. In addition:
• Union members earn an average of 30% more than nonunion workers, and women who are union members average 33% higher than nonunion women.
• Nonunion workers are five times more likely to lack health insurance coverage.
• In 2007, 78% of union workers were covered by employer-provided health insurance, compared to 49% of nonunion workers.
• 67% of union members had guaranteed pensions, compared to 15% of nonunion workers.
• 60% of union members had short term disability benefits, versus 35% in nonunion jobs.
• Union workers also averaged 15 days of vacation, compared to 11.75 for nonunion workers.
We represent workers across North America, ensuring their right to power in the workplace. That power is demonstrated in guaranteed paychecks and pay increases, defined work rules and solid representation.
For more than 100 years we have fought for workers’ rights and the benefits so often taken for granted. Benefits like sick pay, leaves of absence, bereavement leave, holidays, vacations, retirement security and healthcare.
The IAM Organizing Department can help you in many ways. The Machinists Union strength can be seen and felt in everything that keeps North America moving. You too can be a part of North America’s Might. Call the Organizing Department at (301) 967-4750 (301) 967-4750 or click here to fill out this form so we can contact you. Do it today! Let’s get started organizing right away!